The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) is an agency under the Ministry of National Development, championing the development of an excellent built environment for Singapore. “Built environment” refers to buildings, structures and infrastructure in our surroundings that provide the setting for the community’s activities.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is "we shape a safe, high quality, sustainable and friendly built environment"
Our vision is to have "a future-ready built environment for Singapore".
In line with our mission and vision, our strategic thrusts are:
- A Caring and Innovative Organisation
Caring for our people, the community and the environment with a spirit of innovation, good governance and service excellence in all that we do
- A Safe and High Quality Built Environment
Ensuring high safety standards and promoting quality excellence in the built environment
- A Friendly and Sustainable Built Environment
Championing an inclusive and sustainable built environment for people of all ages, abilities and needs
- An Advanced and Productive Built Environment Sector:
Leading the transformation of the built environment sector through:
- the development of a highly competent professional workforce,
- the adoption of productive and game-changing technologies, and
- the promotion of the sector’s niche expertise overseas.
- Effective Partnerships with Our Stakeholders
Forging partnerships with stakeholders and the community to build a future-ready built environment for Singapore together