Invitation for Equipment Sponsorship for upcoming BCA Productivity Gallery
The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) setting-up a Productivity Gallery located at the new building (Bridge@BCAA) in BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road. The Gallery is targeted to open in Q2 2015.
This Gallery will be the flagship gallery for BCA in promoting productive construction technologies. It will also be the focal point to educate and raise industry awareness on essential construction productivity knowledge. It aims to show visitors the potentials and benefits of construction technologies in improving site productivity and at the same time gain their interest to adopt such technologies in their projects. Building professionals including developers, consultants and contractors are the key target audience of the Gallery.
BCA is inviting sponsorship for Scissor Lift, Spray Paint Machine, Builder Hoist and Small Tools to be displayed at the Productivity Gallery.
Equipment suppliers interested to sponsor the aforesaid equipment, please click here to find out more.
MechC Online Portal
To make the MechC application and claim process more accessible, we have created an online portal that can be easily accessed by applicants over the internet. Please take note that once the MechC Online portal is launched on 3 Mar 2014, we will no longer be accepting hardcopy submission. To access the online portal, please click here (http://www.bca.gov.sg/mechc_online)
MechC Online Hands-on Training
To help applicants familiarise with the online system and its functions, BCA will conduct regular hands-on training sessions at Singapore Contractors Association Limited (SCAL) and BCA MND Complex. The training sessions will cover all key functions of the system such as account registration, submission of application and claim. Please register for our training sessions here.
MechC Referral Programme - From 1 April 2013
The MechC Referral Programme incentivises contractors who have successfully tapped on the MechC incentive scheme to share with their smaller subcontractors the benefits of the scheme and the need to improve productivity. Currently, the MechC has a funding cap of $250,000 per firm ($200,000 under Cash Purchase and $50,000 under Leasing). Under the MechC Referral Programme, the builder can earn an additional $20,000 credit to increase the per-firm funding cap, as an incentive for every successful referral.
MechC - Free Trial Program -
From 1 April 2013
For suppliers of hand tools and small equipment that help workers from the construction industry improve their productivity, they can apply to be part of the new Mechanisation Credit Free Trial Program.
Click here to find out more.
What is it for?
The Mechanisation Credit scheme defrays the
cost of technology adoption purchasing or leasing equipment -
that improves productivity by at least 20% (Standard MechC Scheme) or 30% (Enhanced MechC Scheme). The Scheme is
targeted at construction firms (especially subcontractors) who
are looking to using machines and equipment to improve work
Depending on the impact to the project and
the productivity improvement, the funding support is as shown
Equipment cost < $100,000, grant up to 50% or capped at $20,000.
Equipment cost < $125,000, grant up to 70% or capped at $25,000.
Equipment cost > $100,000, grant up to 20% or capped at $100,000.
Equipment cost > $125,000, grant up to 20% or capped at $100,000.
For leasing cost < $30,000, grant up to 50% or capped at $6,000.
For leasing cost < $30,000, grant up to 70% or capped at $6,000.
For leasing cost > $30,000, grant up to 20% or capped at $30,000.
For leasing cost > $30,000, grant up to 20% or capped at $30,000.
*Note: To qualify for the increase in funding level from 50% to 70%, firms will have to meet at least 30% in productivity improvement and show evidence that they are also building capability through areas such as financial standing, human resource development, certifications and awards.
Additional criteria for Enhanced MechC Scheme (To fulfill 1 item each from any 2 sections)
(a) Financial Standing
- Paid up capital is more than the grant amount; or
- Revenue is more than the grant amount; or
- Annual Profit before tax for the three years preceding grant application
(b) Human Resource Development
- Evidence of continual training and upgrading programmes for workers (e.g. tapping on WTU funding etc); or
- Evidence of continual training and upgrading programmes for technical and management staff (e.g. CET programmes, undergraduate scholarship, diploma scholarship and sponsorship programmes etc)
(c) Certification and Awards
- ISO9001:2008 or ISO14000 or OSSAS18000/SS506 Part1;or
- Construction Productivity Award; or
- Safety management certification/award
How To Apply?
- Application (http://www.bca.gov.sg/mechc_online) shall be submitted by applicant at least one (1) working day before the purchase/ lease. Application made after the purchase/ lease date will not be supported. The date of invoice is considered the date of purchase.
- All necessary supporting documents must be attached to the Application including the following and such other documents as may be specified by BCA:-
- At least three quotations from different equipment suppliers for the same equipment or equipment with similar technical specification.
- The technical brochure of the equipment
- The written agreement / letter of award as proof that the applicant is a party to a construction project.
- Business profile and name of shareholders (can be taken from Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority).
- Documents required under the additional set criteria for Enhanced MechC Scheme.
The general guide on the response time for the application of the Mechanisation Credit Scheme will be 14 working days from the date of receipt of the last document. Applicants are advised to provide the required document as well as complete and correct information to expedite the approval process time.
How To Claim?
Applicants can submit the request for disbursement after the application has been supported. The following documents are to be attached together with the Mechanisation Credit Claim (http://www.bca.gov.sg/mechc_online) :-
- Certificate of origin of the equipment issued by the manufacturer stating the year of manufacturer, engine number and serial number
- Invoices (proof of purchase of the equipment)
- Receipts (with the cheque number and invoice number)
- Any other supporting documents
The funds will be disbursed through inter-bank GIRO. For applicants not on the GIRO scheme, a cheque will be issued.
Click here to download the list of frequently asked questions.
For more information, please contact
Ms Ezrin Binte Raof
DID: 6804 4255
Mr Steven Chan
DID: 6804 4254