Course Code: 46008
A 1-day course on
NEW CABLE COLOUR CODE
FOR ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
The Singapore Standard CP5:1998 Code of Practice for Electrical Installations has changed the colour code for fixed electrical wiring. This change was made under Amendment No. 1 of CP5:1998. It aims to align the colour code for fixed electrical installation in Singapore with international standards such as BS 7671, IEC60446, etc.
The industry will need to comply with the new cable colour code requirements for all new installations, replacements or extensions by 1 March 2011.
This course aims to familiarise the participants with the new cable colour code requirements as per Amendment No.1 of CP5.
Electrical workers, handyman, supervisors and construction personnel, who are involved in electrical installation works, will find this course useful.
Introduction to New Cable Colour Code According to Amendment No. 1 to SS CP5: 1998
• Understand the need for revising the cable colour code
• Understand the new cable colour code for fixed electrical installation
• Identify new colour cables in single-phase / three-phase circuit with colour marking & label
Application of CP5:1998 Amendment No. 1
• Installation of new colour cables in single-phase and three-phase distribution board
• Installation of new colour cables to existing (old) single-phase and three-phase electrical installations.
• Installation of colour marking & label to existing and new cables in the three-phase and single-phase circuit, and display the warning notice
Theory & Practical Assessment
For more details & application form, please click on "BROCHURE & APPLICATION FORM" below.