Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read the following terms and conditions of use of “Share What’s Friendly!”.
- Use of “Share What’s Friendly!” means that you agree to these terms and conditions of use as well as the terms and conditions of use for BCA’s Our Friendly Built Environment Portal.
- “Share What’s Friendly!” must not be used in any way that will break the law or cause loss to anyone or violate anyone's rights such as copyright infringement and defamation, and laws concerning the publication of unlawful materials.
- BCA (Building and Construction Authority) reserves the right to restrict anyone from using this portal at BCA’s sole discretion. By using “Share What’s Friendly!”, you agree that you will indemnify BCA of claims, losses, injuries, damages and legal costs on an indemnity basis incurred by BCA as a result of your wrongful use of “Share What’s Friendly!”.
- You are put on notice that all materials posted by you must belong to you. There must be no infringement of anyone’s Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). By uploading your materials in “Share What’s Friendly!”, you irrevocably grant BCA permission to reproduce them. BCA may deal with the materials you post in “Share What’s Friendly!” in whatever way BCA deems appropriate.
- If you are unhappy, dissatisfied or do not agree with what you see in “Share What’s Friendly!”, you can contact BCA with your complaint and you must allow BCA to have a reasonable amount of time to act on your complaint.
- You must be mindful that you will use “Share What’s Friendly!” at your own risk. BCA will not be responsible for any claims, loss, damage and legal costs that you may suffer for the use of “Share What’s Friendly!”. “Share What’s Friendly!” is not to be used for commercial purposes.
- “Share What’s Friendly!” is a feature in Our Friendly Built Environment Portal with photographs and contents. BCA does not warrant nor agree that materials put up by others in the “Share What’s Friendly!” will provide the right and accurate information, of high quality, suitable for any usage, or not affected by Information Technology (IT) programming codes or defects. BCA will not be responsible for any loss resulted from the use of “Share What’s Friendly!”.
- All IPR pertaining to “Share What’s Friendly!” and BCA’s Our Friendly Built Environment Portal belongs to and is owned by BCA. Where there may be a third party IPR that does not belong to BCA, you are put on notice that permission must be sought from the respective IPR owners before use of the materials from “Share What’s Friendly!”.
- BCA reserves the right to remove any material in “Share What’s Friendly!” which in BCA’s opinion (and at BCA’s sole discretion) may be inappropriate, harmful and illegal.
Privacy Statement and the Use of Our Friendly Built Environment Portal and “Share What’s Friendly!”
- This is the Building and Construction Authority “Our Friendly Built Environment” website. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
- If you demur to our Policies or have any questions on your personal data access, you can email to the Building and Construction Authority at email@example.com. You can also reach us at this email address if you have any queries or feedback regarding the e-services.