BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION AUTHORITY (BCA) ENERGY AUDITOR SCHEME
The periodic energy audit aims to ensure that the cooling systems of buildings continue to operate as efficiently as per initial design, and continue to comply with Building Control (Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Buildings) Regulations 2013. An Energy Auditor is a competent person registered with BCA who may be appointed to carry out the energy audit. Professional Mechanical Engineers are not required to register with BCA as an Energy Auditor.
DUTIES OF AN ENERGY AUDITOR REGISTERED WITH BCA
Energy Auditors are responsible for carrying out an energy audit to verify the performance of the building cooling system and the Energy Auditor shall ensure that:-
- the energy audit is carried out in accordance with the Building Control Act, the Building Control (Environmental Sustainability Measures for Existing Buildings) Regulations 2013 and the manner prescribed in the Code on Periodic Energy Audit of Building Cooling System;
- the information for the audit shall be downloaded from the permanent instruments installed on the cooling system;
- if the cooling system of the building fails to attain the prescribed energy efficiency standard applicable to the cooling system, the Energy Auditor may recommend to the owner of the building such measures as may be necessary to attain the prescribed energy efficiency standard; and
- on completion of the energy audit of the cooling system (including of any maintenance work or other measures taken to meet the prescribed energy efficiency standard), the Energy Auditor prepares and signs a report of the results of energy audit.
CRITERIA FOR ENERGY AUDITOR REGISTRATION
The registration criteria for application are as follows:
- possess at least an engineering or a building-related degree in architecture, building science, facility management, and sustainable building design or any equivalent professional qualification acceptable by the Commissioner of Building Control;
- have at least 3 years of relevant practical experience in central air-conditioning design and installation, or operation;
- completed 2 ASHRAE Level III Energy Audits or 3 Periodic Energy Audits on Building Cooling Systems under the supervision of a PE(Mechanical) or an Energy Auditor registered with BCA; and
- successfully passed interview by the Energy Auditor Registration Committee.
The application must be made using the prescribed forms. Applicants will be notified on the outcome of the application via email. There is no application fee required.
The successful applicants shall be issued a certificate of registration which is valid for three years. *The fee for registration is S$150 (Inclusive of GST).
A renewal application shall be submitted with the relevant documentation at least 2 months before its expiry date. *The fee for renewal is S$150 (Inclusive of GST).
*Cheques must be made payable to “BCA”.
For more details, please refer to the following applicable documents and forms:
For any queries pertaining to the BCA Energy Auditor Scheme, please contact the following officers:
|Mr Wee Kai Siongfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Yong Siew Hwaemail@example.com|
FLOW CHART OF ENERGY AUDITOR APPLICATION
The Commissioner of Building Control, BCA, its employees and officers shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by:
- any reliance on the contents of this Website;
- any act, neglect, omission or default by the Energy Auditor;
- any reliance by a third party on any representation made by the Energy Auditor to the third party;and
- any claim or dispute arising as a consequence of or relating to the services of the Energy Auditor.
The contents in this website are meant for information only and are protected by copyright and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by BCA. The contents shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of BCA. Modification of any of the contents or use of the contents for any other purpose will be a violation of BCA's copyright and other intellectual property rights.
Separately, BCA Green Mark certification supports green buildings movement by encouraging sustainable buildings in Singapore built environment. Moving forward, BCA encourages Super Low Energy (SLE) Buildings and Healthier Workplaces.