$50 MILLION GREEN MARK INCENTIVE SCHEME FOR EXISTING BUILDINGS AND PREMISES (GMIS-EBP)
The Green Mark Incentive Scheme for Existing Buildings and Premises (GMIS-EBP) aims to encourage building owners and tenants to undertake Energy Improvement Works involving the installation of energy efficient equipment approved by BCA to achieve substantial improvements in energy efficiency. It provides a cash incentive amounting to up to 50% the Qualifying Costs incurred solely for the purposes of energy efficiency improvements in existing buildings and premises.
The Scheme is targeted mainly at the following buildings and premises:-
(a) Existing private commercial and business parks' buildings such as shopping malls, hotels, office buildings and other approved buildings.
(b) Existing non-profit Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), which primary purpose is to perform humanitarian functions which benefit the society, Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWOs) and Religious Organisation buildings, and
(c) Tenanted premises such as offices, retail, restaurant and supermarkets.
The scheme will not be applicable to buildings from the public sector as such projects have already being substantially funded by the government. Industrial buildings and residential buildings are also not eligible.
WHO CAN APPLYThe incentive applies to:
(a) Building owners who are Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
(b) Building owners with at least 10% of its tenants who are SMEs.
(c) Tenants who are SMEs.
The definition of SME, in accordance with SPRINGs definition is:
- Minimum 30% local shareholding AND
- Company's Group annual sales turnover not more than S$100 million OR
Company's Group employment size not more than 200 workers
- For applicants who are building owners, please refer to the Application Guidelines for Building Owners.
- For applicants who are tenants, please refer to the Application Guidelines for Tenants.
All applications must be lodged before the start of the energy improvement works.s
QUALIFYING CRITERIA AND CO-FUNDING AMOUNT
In order for the eligible building owners to qualify for this incentive, they must achieve the required BCA Green Mark rating (based on the respective Green Mark assessment criteria) and the respective qualifying criteria such as air-conditioning system efficiency, as shown in the tables below. The amount of co-funding will vary depending on the Green Mark rating and the respective qualifying criteria that is achieved.
For buildings using water-cooled chilled water system
Co-funding Rate Cap Amount Green Mark Rating + Aircon System Efficiency (kW/RT) + Airside Efficiency (kW/RT)* 35% $1,500,000 Gold or better 0.7 0.28 40% $2,250,000 GoldPlus or better 0.65 0.25 50% $3,000,000 Platinum 0.6 0.22
For buildings using Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) System
Co-funding Rate Cap Amount Green Mark Rating + Aircon System Efficiency for VRF (kW/RT)* 35% $500,000 Gold or better 0.9 or better 40% $600,000 GoldPlus or better 0.85 or better 50% $700,000 Platinum 0.75 or better
*Additional eligibility criteria:
- GFA = 8,000 m2
- Achieve minimum 10% energy savings for Total Building Energy Consumption
- For buildings undergoing Optimisation
Co-funding Rate Cap Amount Green Mark Rating + Aircon and Airside* System Efficiency (kW/RT) 35% $500,000 Gold or better To follow Green Mark Exisitng Non-Residential Building (GM ENRB) criteria 40% $600,000 GoldPlus or better 50% $700,000 Platinum
In order for the eligible tenants to qualify for this incentive, they must achieve the required BCA Green Mark rating (based on the respective Green Mark assessment criteria) and the respective qualifying criteria such as Energy Efficient Index (EEI) and lighting power budget, as shown in the tables below. The amount of co-funding will vary depending on the Green Mark rating and the respective qualifying criteria that is achieved.
- For Office tenants
- For other types of tenants (retail, restaurant or supermarket)
|Co-funding Rate||Cap Amount||Green Mark Rating||+||EEI (kWh/m2/yr)||Proposed Lighting Power Budget (W/m2)|
|40%||$30,000||Certified & Gold||No requisite||10 or lower|
|50%||$40,000||GoldPlus or better||75 or lower||9 or lower|
|Co-funding Rate||Cap Amount||Green Mark Rating||
|Lighting Power Budget (W/m2)|
|Retail & Supermarket||Restaurant|
|40%||$20,000||Certified & Gold||25 or lower||15 or lower|
|50%||$30,000||GoldPlus or better||23 or lower||13 or lower|
*Additional requirement: Must install sub-metering for lightings and receptacle loads
The qualifying costs or co-funding rates include the cost of the supply and installation of the approved energy efficient equipment and professional services fees. The approved energy efficient equipment includes chiller plant (chiller, pumps and cooling towers), energy efficient lightings such as T5 and LED, sensors, BAS system, etc. Please refer to the Application Guidelines for the List of Commonly Approved Energy Efficiency Equipment & Energy Improvement works.
DISBURSEMENT OF INCENTIVES
- For building owners, the cash incentives would be disbursed over 3 stages:
- The 1st disbursement is for the reimbursement of the professional services and will be given out upon applicants acceptance of the Letter of Offer for this scheme and upon Green Mark certification.
- The 2nd disbursement is 50% of the [Total Incentive Amount minus the 1st disbursement] = 50% x [Total Incentive Amount -- 1st disbursement]. The 2nd disbursement will be paid out upon completion of the energy improvement works and verification of the aircon system efficiency.
- The final disbursement is the Total Incentive Amount minus 1st and 2nd disbursement = Total Incentive Amount ? 1st disbursement ? 2nd disbursement. The final disbursement will be paid out one year after the date of completion of the energy improvement works and upon verification of the aircon system efficiency achieved.
The fund is now fully committed.
APPLICATION FORMS & APPLICATION GUIDELINES
To download the Application Forms and Guidelines:-
Building Owners[Enhanced on 30 June 2016]
- GMIS-EBP Application Guidelines for Building Owners
- Application form for 1st Disbursement for Building Owners
- Application form for 2nd Disbursement for Building Owners
- Application form for 3rd Disbursement for Building Owners
- BCA Green Mark for Non-Residential Existing Building Version 3 Criteria
- GMIS-EBP Application Guidelines for Tenants
- Application form for Disbursement for Tenants
- BCA Green Mark for Office Interior Version 1.1 Criteria
- BCA Green Mark for Restaurants Version 1 Criteria
- BCA Green Mark for Supermarket Version 1 Criteria
- BCA Green Mark for Retail Version 1 Criteria
- BCA Green Mark Online Application
- Circular No. BCA/GMIS-EBP/2014-10-TD dated 1 Oct 2014
- Circular No. BCA/GMIS-EBP/2016-06-ES dated 30 Jun 2016
- Circular No. BCA/GMIS-EBP/2017-10-ES dated 11 Oct 2017
For more information, you may like to check out the Frequently Asked Questions or contact the following personnel.
For application matters, please contact
For technical matters, please contact
- Mr Md Halim Anapi, Green Mark Department (Existing Buildings) at email@example.com
- About BCA Green Mark Scheme
- BCA GMIS - Design Prototype (DP)
- BCA GMIS - Existing Buildings (EB)
- BCA Green Mark Gross Floor Area (GM GFA) Incentive Scheme
- Pilot Building Retrofit Energy Efficiency Financing (BREEF) Scheme
- Energy Performance Standard Contract
- Directory of Certified Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) firms
- Zero Capital Partnership
BCA Green Mark certification supports green buildings movement by encouraging sustainable buildings in Singapore built environment. Moving forward, BCA encourages Super Low Energy (SLE) Buildings and Healthier Workplaces.