Training and Certification for Lift Maintenance
Training & Certification Framework
BCA is collaborating with the Institute of Education (ITE)* to develop training courses, assessments and certifications aligned with the structured competency framework recommended by the L&E STC. Through the framework, the courses and assessments will help to determine a worker’s competency level, his suitability to take on a more technical or managerial role as well as allow existing lift technicians to become more skilled and progress upwards in the Progressive Wage Model levels. More details of this training and certification framework will be made available soon.
*A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and ITE to signal this collaboration.
Additional support for mid-career switchers
- It will also be easier for Singapore Residents who are considering a career switch to become lift technicians, as industry firms can also tap on funding support from Workforce Singapore (WSG) to develop Professional Conversion Programmes (PCP). The PCP offers these mid-career switchers an opportunity to be re-skilled to a technical lift specialist through the training and employment options provided by the partner industry firm.
Details of Professional Conversion Programme for lift technicians.
Registration of Certificate of Competency (CoC) in Lift Maintenance
- BCA and ITE have jointly launched the Certificate of Competency (CoC) in Lift Maintenance for Lift Specialists. Applicants can now register for the CoC to take the certification test and obtain the Joint ITE-BCA Certification in Lift Maintenance upon successful completion. Please refer to circular for more details. Registration details and other information such as subsidies for Singapore Residents can found at: https://www.ite.edu.sg/wps/portal/pt.sfseries
- Personnel who are new to lift maintenance or wish to prepare themselves for the certification test can take up the CoC in Lift System & Equipment Maintenance offered by ITE. Details can be found at: https://www.ite.edu.sg/wps/portal/pt.sfseries
- For further enquiries, please contact:
- CoC Registration and Subsidies: Email ITE (Mille_Chee@ite.edu.sg) or call ITE Hotline at 1800-2222 111
- Lift Maintenance PWM and Training and Certification Requirements: Send enquiry to BCA feedback form or call BCA Hotline at 1800-3425222 (1800-DIAL BCA)
- ME09 Registry
- Lift Safety
- Lift and Escalator Sectoral Tripartite Committee's recommendations for the lift industry
- Lift and Escalator Sectoral Tripartite Committee's Announcement Media Release
- Government’s Response Media Release
- Training and Certification for Lift Maintenance