Public Sector Standard Conditions Of Contract (PSSCOC)
PSSCOC For Construction Works
The Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contract (PSSCOC) was developed to enable a common contract form to be used in all public sector construction projects. Standardisation will increase familiarity among users, reduce tendering efforts and promote greater efficiency in contract administration. The PSSCOC is useful to industry practitioners who are interested to tender for public sector construction projects.
The PSSCOC for Construction Works, first published in 1995, had undergone several reviews. The second and third editions were launched in July 1999 and January 2004 respectively. The fourth edition was launched in March 2005 to be in line with the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2004 which came into operation in April 2005.
In subsequent editions, as part of the government's effort to obtain greater value for money in government building and construction procurement, the PSSCOC incorporated a new provision (Clause 19.4) to provide incentives for contractors to offer innovative proposals which could result in cost savings.
The current version is the PSSCOC for Construction Works (Seventh edition Jul 2014).
- PSSCOC for Construction Works 2014 (7th edition Jul 2014)
- Supplement for PSSCOC for Construction Works 2014 (7th edition Jul 2014)
- List of Clarifications and Editorial Amendments for PSSCOC for Construction Works 2014
- List of Amendments for PSSCOC for Construction Works 2014 (7th edition Jul 2014)
* Items 1-3 to be used together.
For information on the National Productivity and Quality Specifications, please click here.