Public Sector Standard Conditions Of Contract (PSSCOC)
PSSCOC For Design And Build
The Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contract (PSSCOC) was developed to enable a common contract form to be used in all public sector construction projects. Standardisation will increase familiarity among users, reduce tendering efforts and promote greater efficiency in contract administration. The PSSCOC will be useful to industry practitioners who are interested to tender for public sector construction projects.
The PSSCOC for Design and Build, first launched in May 2001, had undergone several reviews. The second edition was launched in January 2004. The third edition was launched in March 2005 to be in line with the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2004 which came into operation in April 2005.
In subsequent editions, to ensure a more independent check on projects, it was now expressly provided in the PSSCOC for D&B (Clause 4.2) that the Accredited Checker and the Registered Inspector are to be appointed by the owner.
The latest version is the PSSCOC for Design and Build (Sixth edition Jul 2014).
- PSSCOC for Design & Build 2014 (6th edition Jul 2014)
- Supplement for PSSCOC for Design & Build 2014 (6th edition Jul 2014)
- List of Clarifications and Editorial Amendments for PSSCOC for Design & Build 2014
- List of Amendments for PSSCOC for Design & Build 2014 (6th edition Jul 2014)
* Items 1-3 to be used together.
For information on the National Productivity and Quality Specifications, please click here.