Security Of Payment Legislation
About The Legislation
The Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment (SOP) 2004 Bill was passed by the Parliament on 16 November 2004. The Act came into operation on 1 April 2005.
- A Brief Introduction to the Act
- Information Kit on the Act
- SOP Act Flowchart
- Downloadable Sample Forms (e.g. Notice of intention to apply for adjudication)
- Downloadable Adjudication Forms on Singapore Mediation Centre website
- SOP Act Briefing Slides
- Adjudication Application Checklist
The Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment (Amendment) Act 2018 and the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment (Amendment) Regulations 2019 have commenced from 15 December 2019. The materials provided above will be updated soon to reflect the changes in the legislation. Please check back from time to time for the latest version. For more information on the Act and Regulations amendments that have commenced on 15 December 2019, please refer here.