Course Code: 73053
Develop A Risk Management
Accredited by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
Workplace Safety and Health (Risk Management) Regulations took effect from 1 Sep 2006. In this new framework of occupational safety and health, stakeholders such as employers, self-employed persons and principals have the responsibility of identifying safety and health hazards at the workplace and taking appropriate actions to eliminate the hazards or mitigate the risks associated with the hazards. Risk assessment and management is the key to reduce the risks at source.
Participant who attends this course will have an in-depth understanding and knowledge on the concepts and methodologies of risk assessment and management. This course will also provide hands-on experience in the risk assessment for construction activities and development of risk management implementation plan.
• Risk Management Concepts
• Regulations and Code of Practice for Risk Management
• Hazard Identification Process
• Risk Evaluation Methods and Procedures
• Risk Control Measures
• ALARP Concept
• Implementation of Control Measures
• Effectiveness of Control Measures
• Risk Communication
• Developing Workplace Risk Management Plan
• Case Studies related to hazardous construction activities
Management such as Project/Construction Managers, Health and Safety Personnel, Line Supervisors, Team Leaders and those who are able to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation aspiring to obtain bizSAFE 2 recognition from WSH Council.
Assumed Attitudes, Skills & Knowledge
Applicants are assumed to:
• have an in depth knowledge of the organisational products/services
• have an in depth knowledge on sources of workplace hazards
• have good presentation skills
• be proficient in project scheduling
• be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 5 (or) possess at least GCE ‘N’ level English grade 5.
• be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 5 (or) possess
GCE ‘N’ level Mathematics grade 5
95th Run: 20 & 21 May 2015 (Limited seats)
96th Run: 27 & 28 May 2015
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road
Fee (Incl of GST):
S$470.00 (without Subsidy)
S$250.37 (with SDF Subsidy*)
S$ 74.67 (Enhance Funding for SME*)
Fee includes course materials, lunches and refreshments.
* Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Companies are required to enrol their staff (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) through WDA’s SkillsConnect system @ www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. Eligible applicant only pays the balance of course fee (inclusive of GST) after SDF course fee support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a e-Certificate^ in “Develop A Risk Management Implementation Plan (bizSAFE Level 2)”
^ With effect from 3 Nov 2014, hardcopy certificate will no longer be printed, instead e-Certificates will be generated under the WDA e-Cert system. Participants can request for a copy of the SOA which will be printed free of charge for the 1st printing, but subsequent printing will be chargeable at a fee.
PEB: 14 PDUs / Run
IES & ACES (for REs/RTOs) : 6 STUs / Run
Seats are limited; registration is on a first-come, first served basis.
Training places will be confirmed upon the payment of the fees before the commencement date.
Cheques with original application and supporting documents should be mailed to
BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700
Tel: 6248-9999 • Fax: 6258-0558 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, please visit our website @ www.bcaa.edu.sg