Essential Knowledge in
Local Regulations and Construction Practices
The stakeholders of construction projects often incur liabilities due to their failure to recognise and comply with certain implied obligations which maybe arouse during the design and construction processes. It is, therefore, imperative for the project parties to understand the implied obligations and liabilities prior to the commencement of construction projects.
Up-to-date knowledge of local regulations and construction practices are key to the site supervisors especially the Resident Engineers (RE) and Resident Technical Officers (RTO) to deliver their duties diligently and effectively.
This course will provide site supervisors essential knowledge in the areas of regulatory requirements, safety regulations, environmental management at construction sites, code requirements on construction practices and site supervision. With recent amendments in the Building Control Regulations to recognise graduates from more foreign universities as REs and RTOs for local projects, this course will be useful to engineers with foreign qualifications, and others who wish to be updated on local construction practices.
BUILDING CONTROL REQUIREMENTS
• Building Plan Approval
• Permit to carry out structural works
• Supervision of building works
• Duties of responsibilities of Builders
• Duties and responsibilities of Qualified Persons
• Duties & Responsibilities of the Accredited Checker
• Duties and responsibilities of site supervisors
• Occupation of Building: CSC / TOP
• Requirements on Design and construction
• Prohibited Construction Materials
• BCA advisory notes
• Control and monitoring measures to safeguard adjacent properties
SAFETY REGULATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
• Safety Laws and Regulations
• Environmental Control at Construction Sites
CODE REQUIREMENTS ON STRUCTURES CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION
• Reinforced Concrete Works using Eurocodes
• Steel Structures using Eurocode 3
• Foundation Engineering Practices
• Formwork Practices
• Case studies on failures of foundations / excavations / structures
• Resident Engineers
• Resident Technical Officers
• Site/Project Engineers
• Construction Managers
24th Run: 14, 15 & 16 Sep 2015
Duration: 2-1/2 days (18 training hours)
Time: 9am - 6pm (1st & 2nd Day)
9am -12.30pm (3rd Day)
Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road
Fee (Incl. of GST): S$550.00*
(Lunch and refreshments will be provided.)
* Skills Development Fund (SDF) funding is available for this course. To apply for SDF funding, companies are required to apply through WDA’s SkillsConnect system @ www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
PEB: 16 PDUs
WSH-CPD (WSH Officers): 18 SDUs
IES-ACES (REs & RTOs): 12 STUs
Enquiries and Registration
BCAA - Tel: 6248 9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Website: www.bcaa.edu.sg
To check the status of your course applications, please log into the Customer Self Service Portal (CSSP) at www.bcaa.edu.sg/self_help_portal/selfhelp/login.aspx.
If you need assistance on using the CSSP, please call our customer service hotline: 6248 9999, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.