Course Code: 76043
Advanced Certificate in
Workplace Safety and Health
Under the legal framework of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH), a WSH Co-ordinator is required to be appointed for a construction project with a contract sum of less than $10 million. The Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (ACWSH) is the qualification recognised for the registration of a WSH Co-ordinator by the Ministry of Manpower. This course will also prepare the participants to take up employment as other WSH professionals such as WSH Supervisors.
The objectives of the Advanced Certificate in WSH are to provide the learners with the skills to coordinate the implementation of WSH management systems at the supervisory level and have understanding of the relevant WSH regulations.
This course consists of 10 Competency Units (CUs), of which 8 are Core Units and 2 are Elective Units. To attain the Advanced Certificate in WSH, learners are required to be certified ‘COMPETENT’ in all 10 CUs. The details of the CUs are given below:
1. Administer WSH Policy
2. Identify WSH Hazards and Implement Control Measures
3. Coordinate WSH Management System with Legal Compliance
4. Investigate and Report WSH Incidents
5. Coordinate Implementation of Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans
6. Measure, Monitor and Report WSH Performance
7. Promote WSH Culture Development
8. Facilitate Effective Communication and Engagement at Workplace
9. Supervise WSH in Construction Industry (Elective)
10. Facilitate Effective Work Teams (Elective)
This course is meant for personnel who aspire to be WSH Co-ordinators or other WSH professions such as WSH Supervisors or equivalent.
Course Start Date: To be advised
Duration: 6 to 7 months
Frequency: 3 weekday evenings
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: BCA Academy
Fees* (incl of GST): S$4,440 (without Funding) / S$444** (with WDA Funding)
*Fees are pending WDA approval. The applicant will pay the nett fee upon acceptance into the course.
** WDA FUNDING
- WDA funding is applicable to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents only.
- WDA funding is up to 90% of the course fee.
- WDA funding is subject to WDA’s approval.
90% of the course fee plus GST shall be paid to BCA in any of the following circumstances:
1) WDA does not approve the funding application.
2) WDA revokes the funding for whatever reason.
3) The participant does not fulfil minimum 75% attendance and/or fail any of the assessment components (e.g. written test, assignment, case study, etc) for each competency unit.
4) The participant breaches any of the terms and conditions of the course or funding grant.
This course is conducted in English.
(Registration is opened. Course commencement is subjected to minimum class size)
Placement will subject to meeting entry requirements and on first-come-first-serve basis.
Those who are not placed in this run will be kept in the waiting list and will be considered for subsequent runs.
To register or for more information, please click on below “brochure & application form”