Course Code: Theory 44067, Practical 44068
TOWER CRANE (SADDLE JIB) OPERATION
An 86-hour course that leads to a Certificate of Successful Completion required by MOM for registration to be a tower crane operator
The course provides training in the knowledge and skills in tower crane (saddle jib) operation.
This training course consists of 2 modules:
Module 1 (Theory)
- Principal components and configuration of tower crane
- Safety devices and indicators
- Introduction to WSHA and subsidiary legislations
- Duties and responsibilities of crane operator
- Interpret load chart
- Risk Assessment and Permit to Work for lifting operation
Module 2 (Practical)
- Daily & weekly inspection
- Initial tower crane operations
- Safety in lifting operations
- Hand signal and telecommunication
- Practical lifting operations
^ Some parts of the course may be conducted in the evenings.
Participants have to pass Module 1 before he/she can sign up for Module 2.