Event Code: 77052
GEO-SPATIAL INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY
Geographic Information System (GIS) applications are in great demand nowadays due to many of their value-added services. To generate any recommended solution using GIS applications, there must be accurate data collected by the land surveyors. In addition, the development of many new challenging construction and civil engineering projects also requires a higher level of service from the land surveyors.
The part-time Diploma in Geo-Spatial Information and Technology which was developed in collaboration with Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV) offers graduates the integrated domain knowledge of various surveying techniques and GIS applications with the use of latest technology and equipment. This diploma creates a unique opportunity for graduates to venture into different aspects of the surveying services. With this, graduates are able to begin or advance their career further in the surveying and geospatial profession.
This programme has been structured to:
(I) Enable Graduates to comprehend the fundamental principles and knowledge in the following domains:
• Land surveying
• Engineering surveying
• Cadastral surveying
• Satellite-based surveying
• Underground surveying
• Hydrographic surveying
• Geographical Information System (GIS)
(II) Equip Graduates with the domain relevant skills such as:
• Operating surveying equipment
• Collecting data
• Applying GIS / GPS software
• Setting out physical sites for engineering works
• Mapping the earth and the sea floor
• Establishing property boundaries
• Analysing data information about land, water and other natural resources for environment & resource management
• Evaluating data obtained to consult clients on optimal alternatives
(III) Equip graduates with necessary problem-solving and management skills such as:
• Effective communication across all levels in an organisation
• Creative and think-out-of-the-box problem-solving skills
• Contract administration and project management skills
(IV) Cultivate graduates with positive attitudes such as:
• Being meticulous in data collection
• Ensuring integrity and accuracy in data handling
• Being open-minded in upgrading themselves and adopting new technology to enhance productivity
INTAKE: Starting in Apr 2015
(APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 27 Feb 2015)
FREQUENCY: 3 to 4 times a week.
DURATION: 3 years (6 semesters)
TIME: 6.30pm to 10.00pm on weekdays. There may also be lessons on Sat.
VENUE: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700.
Fee (Incl. of GST): S$18,315.00
For enquiries, please call 6248 9999 or email to email@example.com