Safety of amusement rides
- 12 Nov 2018 - Reminder (403KB .pdf) on Ride Managers' duties.
- 7 Feb 2018 - Advisory (91KB .pdf) on adverse weather conditions.
- 10 Nov 2017 - Circular (101KB .pdf) on fees revision with effect from 1 Feb 2018.
- 07 Apr 2017 - Our general enquiry number is changed to (65) 1800-3425222 (1800-DIAL BCA), and the previous number (65) 6334 2527 will no longer be in use with immediate effect.
- 18 Apr 2016 - We are pleased to announce the rollout of the new Amusement Rides e-System (ARiES)! ARiES is an online portal to replace the current manual submissions, applications, and notifications. For logging into ARiES, you will first need to have your NRIC/FIN number registered with us. Thereafter, you may log into ARiES using your SingPass. For registration, please provide us with your NRIC/FIN number and a letter of authorisation from your company. To allow you time to familiarise with the new portal, submissions in hardcopy will continue to be accepted at BCA Service Counter during office hours until 1 July 2016. Thereafter, all submissions must be done via ARiES.
- 01 Apr 2016 - Our department name has been changed from "Amusement Rides Safety Department" to "Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Department".
- 02 Feb 2016 - Document on the Amusement Rides Safety Management System: ARSMS (1.8MB .pdf)
- 31 Dec 2014 - The adverse incident contact numbers will be changed with effect from 31st December 2014, 5pm. All other incident reporting procedures and requirements will remain the same. All operators and ride managers are advised to update your adverse incident reporting procedures to reflect the change in the contact numbers below:
- 22 Dec 2014 - We have moved! Building and Construction Authority (BCA) is now located at our new premise at 52 Jurong Gateway Road, #11-01, Singapore 608550. Payment for the various permit applications will be at our BCA Counter located at 52 Jurong Gateway Road, #06-01, Singapore 608550. Our general enquiry contact number has been changed to:
- 26 Sep 2014 - From 1 Oct 2014 onwards, cash payment will not be accepted at the BCA counter. Other forms of payment using NETS, credit cards (except AMEX) and cheque are acceptable.
- 4 Apr 2014 - Circular on amendments to Regulations (dated 4 Apr 2014): Circular (156KB .pdf)
- 1 Apr 2014 - Amendments to the Amusement Rides Safety Regulations have been gazetted on 28 Mar 2014: Amusement Rides Safety (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (182KB .pdf). Please refer to the Regulations (180KB .pdf) for the amended regulations.
- 6 Sep 2013 - Workshop for Ride Managers on 23 July 2013: Presentation materials (708KB .zip)
- 4 Apr 2013 - BCA will be amending the categorisation of adverse incident Evacuation without using reach equipment from Category 2 to Category 3. This amendment will take place with immediate effect. In addition, we have included additional explanatory notes on ride-related injuries to provide clearer guidelines. Please refer to the Circular (189KB .pdf) for more information.You can also refer to this page Reporting an adverse incident on the latest adverse incident reporting procedure.
- 16 Nov 2012 - Any change of ride manager would require notification by both the holder of operating permit and the vacating ride manager to the Commissioner within 14 days after the vacation of the appointment, in accordance with the Act, and could be in the form of an email or letter. A new form titled Appointment of New Ride Manager would be used for appointment of a new ride manager, or substitute ride manager when a current ride manager vacates his appointment. The previous form titled Notification of Change of Ride Manager of Amusement Ride would cease to be in use as of 16 Nov 2012.
- 4 Oct 2012 - The note pertaining to Category 1 and 2 adverse incident Medium to serious/Minor ride-related injuries has been revised. The amended note shall read as follows: Any ride-related injury to employee(s) using or operating, or in the vicinity of, the ride is a reportable incident. The severity shall be classified as Category 1 for medium to serious ride-related injuries or Category 2 for minor ride-related injuries. You can also refer to this page Reporting an adverse incident on the latest adverse incident reporting procedure.
- 19 June 2012 - The amendments to incident categorisation for the reporting of adverse incidents on amusement rides will take effect from 1 July 2012. Please refer to the Circular (189KB .pdf) for more information. You can also refer to this page Reporting an adverse incident on the latest adverse incident reporting procedure.
- 31 May 2012 - Ride Managers briefing on 29 May 2012: Presentation materials (1.7MB .zip)
- 15 Feb 2012 - Template for the company's resolution authorising the signatory for applications is provided here (29KB .doc). Please print on company letterhead.
- 7 Jul 2011 - Circular (1.3MB .pdf) to explain the requirements for existing amusement rides during the 6 months transition period (1 Jul 2011 to 31 Dec 2011) and the requirements for operating permit
- 28 Jun 2011 - The Amusement Rides Safety Legislation will be implemented on 1 July 2011
- 28 Jun 2011 - Stakeholders briefing on 17 June 2011: Presentation materials (7.5MB .zip)
- 28 Jun 2011 - Technical workshop on 20 June 2011: Presentation materials (2.7MB .zip)
Adverse Incident Reporting Line 1 (24 Hours) - 9088 7289
Adverse Incident Reporting Line 2 (24 Hours) - 9782 7296
General Enquiry - 6334 2527 (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday except public holidays)
Fax - 6334 4031
- Introduction (Brief description of the Act)
- Risk and safety profile of amusement rides
- Parties with statutory responsibilities
- Types of permits
- Relocating amusement rides
- Amusement Rides Safety Act Subsidiary Legislations (Brief description of the subsidiary legislations)
- Rides included / excluded from the Regulations
- Major amusement rides
- Major modifications and deviations
- Professional engineers specialised in amusement ride engineering (to Professional Engineers Board database search)
- Reporting an adverse incident - provides the procedures that the operator should follow in reporting an adverse incident
- Applying for permits (678KB .pdf) - provides details on applying for the installation, operating and modification permits. It also provides the procedures for minor modification and relocation of amusement rides in Singapore.
- Reviewing designs (555KB .pdf) - assists the qualified person in the design review for installation and major modification.
- Periodic inspections (203KB .pdf) - assists the qualified person in his periodic inspection of the amusement ride.
- Legislation (101KB .pdf) - a brief guide on the legislation.
- Installation permit (202KB .pdf) - to apply for the installation permit
- Modification permit (204KB .pdf) - to apply for the modification permit
- Operating permit (211KB .pdf) - to apply for the operating permit
- Renewal of operating permit (192KB .pdf) - to apply for the renewal of an operating permit
- Application for deviation (33KB .pdf) - for application to deviate from previously permitted installation or modification works
- Change of qualified person (44KB .pdf) - to notify the Commissioner of Amusement Rides Safety of a change in qualified person and the subsitute qualified person
- Appointment of new ride manager (121KB .pdf) - to notify the Commissioner of Amusement Rides Safety of the appointment of a new ride manager
- Minor modification (27KB .pdf) - to notify the Commissioner of Amusement Rides Safety of the intended minor modification of the amusement ride before modification works commences
- Relocation (40KB .pdf) - to notify the Commissioner of Amusement Rides Safety of the intended relocation of the amusement ride before relocation works commences
- Relocation completion (36KB .pdf) - to submit the Certificate of Relocation when relocation of amusement ride is completed
- Certificate of Annual Inspection (50KB .pdf)
- Certificate of Design and Specifications Conformity (48KB .pdf)
- Certificate of Inspection (Installation / Modification Works) (51KB .pdf)
- Certificate of Relocation (36KB .pdf) - This is part of the Completion of Relocation of Amusement Ride form
- Certificate of Supervision (Installation / Modification Works) (51KB .pdf)
- 12 Nov 2018: Reminder on Ride Managers' Duties (403KB .pdf)
- 7 Feb 2018: Advisory on adverse weather conditions (91KB .pdf)
- 10 Nov 2017: Fee Revision (101KB .pdf)
- 04 Apr 2014: Amusement Rides Safety (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (156KB .pdf)
- 04 Apr 2013: Amendments to Incident Categorisation for the Reporting of Adverse Incidents on Amusement Rides (318KB .pdf)
- 19 Jun 2012: Amendments to Incident Categorisation for the Reporting of Adverse Incidents on Amusement Rides (189KB .pdf)
- 07 Jul 2011: Implementation of the Amusement Rides Safety Act 2011 (1.3MB .pdf)
- Company authorisation letter (31KB .doc) - template for the company's resolution authorising the signatory for applications. Please print on company letterhead.
|Type of Application||Fee for major ride||Fee for any other ride|
|Application for an installation permit||S$1,500||S$500|
|Application for the issue or renewal of an operating permit||
|Application for a modification permit||S$750||S$250|
- Note: Fees are revised with effect from 1 Feb 2018. Please refer to circular dated 10 Nov 2017.
Building and Construction Authority
Building Plan and Management Group
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Department
52 Jurong Gateway Road, #11-01
General enquiries (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday except public holidays): (65) 1800-3425222 (1800-DIAL BCA)
You may also submit your general enquiry through BCA's Online Feedback Form.
Adverse incident reporting (24 hours): (65) 9088 7289 or (65) 9782 7296
Fax: (65) 6334 4031