BCA CERTIFIED CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTIVITY PROFESSIONAL (BCA CCPP) SCHEME
About the Scheme
The BCA Certified Construction Productivity Professional (BCA CCPP) Scheme accords recognition and grooms a pool of competent construction professionals who would lead the push for sustained productivity improvement within the construction industry.
A BCA CCPP is envisioned to be:
A competent professional who has the knowledge and skills to plan, coordinate and implement initiatives and measures to continually improve the productivity of construction projects.
Benefits of BCA CCPP
Upon registration, CCPPs can look forward to the following benefits:
5 bonus points shall be granted to a builder's project Constructability Score (if applicable) to further acknowledge CCPPs for their continual commitment in productivity enhancement. The conditions for granting of Bonus Constructability Points are as follows:
- The CCPP must be engaged full-time in the said project;
- The CCPP is required to submit a Project Productivity Enhancement Proposal (PPE)* which shall contain proposals for macro (project-wide) productivity improvements for the project and two new key trades' micro (trade-specific) productivity improvements, plus all previous micro productivity improvements submitted. The PPE must be acceptable to BCA and
- The CCPP and the builder must implement these proposed productivity improvements in the project.
BCA officers will conduct audit checks on site for evidence of the implementation of the said PPE during the course of the project.
- The title BCA CCPP could be used on business cards and emails as a form of affirmation of his attainment of this professional status.
*Refer to the link GUIDELINES FOR PROJECT PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT (PPE) PROPOSAL for details.
3. Registration as BCA CCPP
The criteria for registration are as stated below:
- Able to demonstrate his capability and dedicated efforts in improving productivity of construction project sites. These efforts can include contribution and application of ideas, management/technical skills which lead to significant productivity growth for the project sites.
Applicant, who holds an existing Certificate in Construction Productivity Management (CCPM), and wishes to register as a BCA CCPP must complete and submit to BCA an Application Form (click here to download the Application Form for BCA CCPP)
- Submit a report for acceptance by BCA. Refer to the link GUIDELINES FOR REGISTRATION REPORT for details.
- Clear interview by Certification Panel
BCA reserves the right to award BCA CCPP status to any prominent or outstanding individual in the industry without requiring him to undergo the above indicated registration requirements. Such individual shall be considered as Honorary BCA CCPP
Closing Dates for Registration
Applicant may submit his application not later than either of the following 2 closing dates each year to the Secretariat for processing:
- 31st March
- 31st August
The BCA CCPP status is valid for life with no expiry date. However, should BCA deem necessary in future, CCPPs may be required to attend continuous education trainings or briefings of revisions to registration requirements.
List of BCA CCPP
Click here for the latest list of BCA CCPP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click here to view the FAQ.
The BCA CCPP Secretariat