There are two categories under the BIM Awards – the Organisation Category and Project Category.
The BCA Building Information Modelling (BIM) Awards – Project Category recognises the contribution of project teams in their Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) projects implementation during the design stage, construction stage, and facility management stage.
The BCA Building Information Modelling (BIM) Awards - Organisation Category recognises outstanding organisations for going the extra mile in the Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) adoption at the organisation levels.
BIM Awards Organisation Category
- Encourage organisations to adopt BIM/VDC technology and process in their organisations by building up their own BIM/VDC capability and capacity;
- Recognise organisations for their outstanding examples of BIM/VDC use in enhancing their own productivity.
BIM Awards Organisation Category
- Encourage project teams to adopt a more collaborative design and construction process by leveraging on the BIM technologies and VDC processes to meet project goals;
- Recognise project teams for their outstanding examples of BIM/VDC use in enhancing productivity.
Judging CriteriaThe projects will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Key BIM/VDC objectives identified for the project. The extent of the objective achieved to date.
- The extent of BIM/VDC application used in the project.
- The extent of each project modelled in BIM and the quality of the BIM/VDC Model/Data used in the project.
- It is important to demonstrate the quantification and self-verification over the extent of BIM/VDC technology and approach applied in the process Management, in terms of 4D, 5D or above usage.
- The extent of project members (Developers, Consultants, Builders, Fabricators and Specialists) involved and the quality of collaboration among different project members with the use of BIM technologies and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) approach.
- Project complexity, in terms of building types, sizes and collaboration aspects.
- Innovative process re-engineering introduced in the project and innovative ways of using BIM technology and VDC processes to overcome obstacles faced.
- The outputs and outcomes on the benefit of using BIM/VDC and areas of transformation that the industry should undergo to improve its productivity.
Winning projects will either receive a Platinum, a GoldPlus or a Gold Award. The Awards are not competitive, but standard based. An Award will only be conferred if a suitable entry is received. Several Awards may also be conferred in each category.
A Gold Award will be awarded to a project that has adopted good BIM design, VDC process, and construction practices that follow Singapore BIM Guides. A Platinum Award will only be conferred to a project that has displayed exemplary use of BIM/VDC during design, construction, or FM stage.
Date, Time and Location of Event
- Nomination: 24 May - 26 June 2017
- Verification: 27 June – 20 July 2017
- Shortlisting: 21 July – 31 July 2017
- Notify shortlisted Participants: 1 August 2017
- Presentation and Assessment: 18 August 2017 @ BCA Academy, Boardroom / T9-M1, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700.
- Results release: 15 September 2017
- Awards presentation: 24 October 2017, during SCPW, Opening Ceremony @ Singapore EXPO
Contact for Enquiries
Email address : PONG_Woon_Wei@bca.gov.sg
Office Number : +65 6730 4526
Website : http://bimsg.org/bim-events-2/scpw-2017/international-bim-competition-2017/
Assessment @ BCA Academy
Blossom Spring @ Yishun, project team receiving the Platinum BIM Awards from SMS Mr. Lawrence Wong during the SCPW opening ceremony
Changi General Hospital Medical Centre project team receiving the Platinum BIM Awards from SMS Mr. Lawrence Wong during the SCPW opening
Gospel Light Christian Church receiving the Platinum BIM Awards from SMS Mr. Lawrence Wong during the SCPW opening ceremony
BIM Awards Recipients ready to go on stage
BIM Awards - Project Category featured in the exhibition booth