iBuildSG Diploma Scholarship/Sponsorship (full-time)
What Is It?
The iBuildSG Diploma Scholarship / Sponsorship is a partnership between BCA and industry players to offer young people of high calibre an opportunity to take up full-time built environment courses at local Polytechnics and the BCA Academy.
The Diploma Scholarship / Sponsorship are structured in two stages.
- Stage 1 - Diploma Study Phase
- Stage 2 - Post-Diploma Development
Stage 1 - Diploma Study Phase
Stage 2 - Post-Diploma Development Phase
- are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- possess good academic results and CCA records and
- are taking up full-time built environment courses as listed below:
Who is it for?
Industry firms which are keen to attract and retain personnel at the Diploma level, may consider to sponsor Diploma students from local Polytechnics / BCA Academy (BCAA) who:
- Architecture (Technology)
- Construction Engineering
- Digital Engineering (formerly Construction Information Technology)
- Design (Interior and Landscape)
- Electrical Engineering & Clean Energy
- Facilities Management
- Mechanical Engineering (Green Building Technology)
- Quantity Surveying
- Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design
- Spatial Design (Renamed from Space and Interior Design)
- Architecture (formerly Sustainable Architectural Design)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Clean Energy Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental & Water Technology
- Hotel & Leisure Facilities Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Real Estate Business
- Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering
- Green Building Energy Management (formerly Renewable Energy Engineering)
- Civil Engineering with Business
- Electrical & Electric Engineering
- Energy Systems & Management
- Facilities Management (previously named Hotel & Leisure Facilities Management)
- Integrated Events and Project Management
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Clean Energy
- Environment Design
- Green Building & Sustainability
- Integrated Facility Managmeent
- Interior Architecture & Design
Note: The list is not exhaustive and we will continue to include more courses that are relevant to the built environment sector.
The list of part-time upgrading courses for Stage 2 is shown below:
- Specialist Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Specialist Diploma in Building Cost Management
- Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Specialist Diploma in Construction Management
- Specialist Diploma in Construction Productivity
- Specialist Diploma in Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DfMA)
- Specialist Diploma in Facility & Energy Management
- Specialist Diploma in Interior & Landscape Design
- Specialist Diploma in Lean Construction
- Specialist Diploma in M & E Coordination
- Specialist Diploma in MEP Modularisation
- Specialist Diploma in Underground Construction
- Specialist Diploma in Virtual Design & Construction (VDC)
Note: The list is not exhaustive and we will continue to include more courses that are relevant to the built environment sector
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Diploma (Conversion) in Facility Management
- Specialist Diploma in Sustainable Facilities Management
- Specialist Diploma in Electrical Design& Operation
- Advanced Diploma in Building Automation & Services
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering (Productivity & Technology)
- Advanced Diploma in Energy Efficiency and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Building Information Modelling (BIM) Management
- Advanced Diploma in Power System Engineering
- Advanced Diploma in Digital Technologies for a Smart City
- Specialist Diploma in Energy Management & Sustainable Design
How much ?
Stage 1 - Diploma Study Phase:
The annual scholarship / sponsorship sum is as shown in the table above. The scholarship/ sponsorship programme is at least 2 years, the scholars/ sponsored students will similarly serve at least a 2 years bond with the firm upon graduation or completion of National Service.
Stage 2 - Post-Diploma Development Phase:
- Sponsoring firms will need to commit to a minimum monthly starting pay of $2,300 to a local graduate and raise the minimum monthly pay to $2,500 on the second year.
- Upon the completion of the bond, participants will receive $3000 training grant to upskill their competencies under the Stage 2 programme.
- If participants remain one additional year in the sector, they can receive $7000 retention incentive.
- The sponsoring firm will provide the employee with a structured On-Job-Training and an upgrading opportunity through part-time specialist or advanced diploma, to deepen their knowledge in specific areas.
How to apply ?
Industry firms which are keen to sponsor diploma scholarships / sponsorships full-time built environment courses with BCA may contact:
Ms Fern Zheng
Mr Wong Kok Leong